The Purchasing Team Leader is responsible for safely and cost-effectively ensuring that parts, materials, and services are procured as required. The Purchasing Team Leader takes responsibility for the Division’s materials and operating supplies inventory level and accuracy. This includes supplier selection, contract negotiation, sourcing, cost analysis, inventory reduction initiatives and day to day order placement for materials and services.
- Previous purchasing experience in a similar environment required;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Experience using an ERP system (JDE preferred),
- Change management skills, proven negotiator, ability to lead projects, ability to understand the total system flow and resolve issues, effective communication with all levels of the organization;
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is an asset;
- APICS, SCMP, CSCP, CPIM or equivalent designation is desirable.
With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision, and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and by providing employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to make great things and build great lives. We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.