Millar Western’s corporate head office in Edmonton is seeking an Operational Accountant. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the successful applicant will have responsibilities including:
- Business analysis for operations management
- Systems optimization of daily and monthly reporting
- Month-end cost accounting – statements, inventory valuations and counts, production reconciliation, journal entries, and variance analysis
- Account reconciliations
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets
- Business process optimization and implementation
The ideal candidate:
Qualified candidates will have related education and at least three years of experience in the preparation of cost reporting and financial statements. They will be knowledgeable users of SAP or other ERP systems, have a strong facility in Excel, and have excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. An accounting designation and a background in manufacturing would be considered assets. As the position will involve regular travel to company operations in Fox Creek and Whitecourt, a valid driver’s license is required.
Why work for us?
Millar Western is a privately-owned, Alberta-based company that has been active in the forest products business for more than a century. Operating high-tech lumber and pulp mills supplied by woodlands teams recognized for leadership in sustainable management, the company provides stable, full-time employment to more than 700 people in communities providing an excellent quality of life. The company offers:
- a highly competitive wage and benefits program that includes a pension plan, comprehensive dental, and health insurance and a profit-sharing plan
- a commitment to the highest safety standards, with a safety program recognized under initiatives such as Partners in Injury Reduction, Work Safe Alberta and the Premier’s Award for Healthy Workplaces
- a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization
This position is located in Edmonton, Alberta.
Your career starts here.
Application deadline: December 6, 2019
Send resume and cover letter, citing position title in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Millar Western is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance; only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.