West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Slave Lake Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, planning, organization, and interpersonal skills to fill the position of:
The successful candidate will have strong mechanical knowledge, exemplary computer skills, a keen interest in reliability, an attitude that all failures are preventable, effective problem-solving skills, and a desire to improve processes/equipment. Slave Lake Pulp provides an exciting and collaborative work environment for an engineer who is seeking challenge and growth.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Predictive and preventative maintenance support, root cause investigation participation, KPI tracking, reporting and implementation of continuous improvement strategies using accepted best practices.
- Provide support with respect to equipment modifications, capital projects, maintenance support for shutdowns, troubleshooting, and working with outside contractors and specialists.
- Support operational activities such as equipment assessment, materials verification, troubleshooting, and preparing operational/maintenance procedures and guidelines.
- Guiding efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, and control systems.
- Applying value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions.
- Being accountable for project safety, costs, scheduling, and construction/contractor resources.
- Collaborating with various parties in coordinating strategic area reliability plans.
- Design, implement and lead small capital/maintenance projects.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess an Engineering Degree from an accredited institution (eligible for P.Eng.)
- Have minimum 5 years experience in an industrial environment
- Have experience in reliability systems and Root Cause Investigation
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Have outstanding computer skills
- Have good problem-solving and technical skills
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Have the desire to learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of Integrity, Respect, Humility, Hard Work, and Frugality
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment
Considered strong assets:
- Previous experience in the pulp and paper industry
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional designation
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
Slave Lake Pulp is BCTMP mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to continuous improvement, through operational, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation reliability. We have a collaborative team culture.
Slave Lake boasts the second largest lake in Alberta and offers great ice fishing in the winter and swimming in the summer. The town of approximately 7,000 residents has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the outdoor lifestyle of a small community.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.