West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERVISOR
This position is responsible for supervising the execution of electrical and instrumentation (E&I) maintenance work. It requires a high level of technical knowledge and a basic understanding of the kraft pulping process. This position reports to the E&I Maintenance Superintendent.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading a maintenance crew safely and effectively.
- Managing maintenance costs.
- Executing weekly and shutdown maintenance schedules.
- Ensure compliance with electrical codes and adherence to safety regulations.
- Ensuring quality workmanship.
- Managing housekeeping related to maintenance activities.
- Managing administrative tasks for direct reports
The successful candidate must have:
- 5 to 7 years of experience as an electrician in an operating plant environment.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a supervisory position.
- Proven experience in leading crews, mentoring apprentices, planning jobs, project management, and securing parts.
- Strong personal drive, leadership, planning, budgeting, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of lighting, PLC, electrical controls and motors/drives applications
- Sound knowledge of computer software and applications.
Considered a strong asset:
- Power generation and distribution maintenance.
- Instrumentation and controls
- Maximo and Microsoft project experience.
- Commissioning experience.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please