Millar Western Forest Products Ltd. is currently seeking to fill a full-time operator position within the production department of its Whitecourt BCTMP mill.
The successful candidate will be required to work rotating 12-hour shifts and will possess:
- minimum 4th Class Steam Ticket
- a valid driver’s license
- Standard First Aid ticket (considered an asset)
- excellent safety record
- positive feedback from supervisors and references
Why work for us? Millar Western Forest Products Ltd. is a privately-owned, Alberta-based company that has been active in the forest business for more than a century. Operating high-tech lumber and pulp mills supplied by woodlands teams recognized for leadership in sustainable forest management, the company provides stable, full-time employment in lively, friendly communities that deliver excellent quality of life.
The company offers:
- a competitive wage and benefits program, that includes a pension plan, comprehensive dental and health insurance, and a profit-sharing plan
- a commitment to the highest safety standards, with a safety program recognized under initiatives such as Partners in Injury Reduction, Work Safe Alberta and the Premier’s Award for Healthy Workplaces
- a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization
- a chance to live where you work – no commuting or camps