Millar Western Forest Products Ltd.’s Whitecourt, Alberta, Wood Products Division is seeking operational accounting assistance for our woodlands operations. Reporting to the Wood Products Controller, on a one-year term basis, this position will be responsible for:
- month end – journal entries and document review
- account reconciliations
- assisting with preparing forecasts and budgets
- implementing and documenting optimal business processes
- ad hoc analysis for operations
The ideal candidate
Qualified candidates will have related education and at least three to five years of experience in a financial/bookkeeping role. They will be knowledgeable with accounts payable, accounts receivable and routine month-end processes. They will also have the ability to document business processes.
Why work for us?
Millar Western is a privately-owned, Alberta-based company that has been active in the forest products business for more than a century. Operating high-tech lumber and pulp mills supplied by woodlands teams recognized for leadership in sustainable management, the company provides stable, full-time employment to more than 650 people at operations located in lively, friendly, communities that offer excellent quality of life. The company offers:
- a competitive wage and benefits program, that includes a pension plan, comprehensive dental and health insurance, and a profit-sharing plan
- a commitment to the highest safety standards, with a safety program recognized under initiatives such as Partners in Injury Reduction, Work Safe Alberta and the Premier’s Award for Healthy Workplaces
- a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization
This position is located in Whitecourt, Alberta, a dynamic and friendly community located 170 km outside of Edmonton, offering excellent amenities and a great quality of life.
Your career starts here.
Send resume and cover letter, citing the position title in the subject line, to email@example.com,
Millar Western thanks all applicants in advance; only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.