Are you an experienced Human Resources Generalist? Do you want to help build a company culture that drives safety and engagement? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an HR Business Partner (HRBP) to join our largest sawmill, located in High Level, Alberta. Our High Level Lumber Division safely and sustainably produces forest products for customers around the world so they can build their homes and their communities.
The HRBP provides functional expertise and foundational people support to drive safety, engagement and productivity. The HRBP provides proactive support for Operations and Woodlands, providing professional guidance, assistance and expertise related to Tolko’s people practices.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Labour Relations, Psychology, or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum five years’ human resources generalist experience in a production oriented workplace;
- Direct front-line labour relations experience including participation in the grievance & arbitration process;
- In depth understanding of employment & labour law with experience administering Collective Agreements;
- Demonstrated customer service skills;
- Ability to provide strategic consulting advice and to research and present solutions to complex issues;
- Previous experience with production and trades recruitment and retention desirable;
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills;
- A high level of proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience with HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work in both team and self-directed environments.
We value diversity at Tolko and know that experience and knowledge comes in many forms. Even if you don’t have all the qualifications above, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.
So, what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, plus an additional northern allowance.
- You’ll be eligible to participate in Tolko’s bonus program.
- You’ll be eligible for excellent benefits and access to our retirement plans, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- You may also be eligible for relocation support including community connections so you can live (and play) where you work.
- You’ll be supported in continued development through on-the-job and classroom training and reimbursement of tuition and membership fees.
- You’ll be part of a positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
About High Level
Located in the beautiful northwestern region of Alberta, High Level is home to over 4,000 people. Surrounded by unspoiled nature, the town has endless outdoor activities to explore, along with an in-town swimming pool, hockey arena, yoga studio, golf course and many more amenities. We honour that the Town of High Level is Treaty 8 territory, traditional territory of the Beaver, Dene Tha’, Little Red River Cree, Tallcree, and a traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous Peoples, including the Paddle Prairie Métis Peoples. Watch this video to learn about the community and find out why life is better here.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.