Engineering Coop Student 4 or 8 month term beginning September 2023
Slave Lake, Alberta
Our Oriented Strand Board (OSB) mills offer Engineering Coop Students the chance to learn and earn in a safe production environment. You work with our production teams to make sure we produce OSB safely and efficiently, all while learning from the best and saving up for the next year of studies. If you want a great-paying job while school is out, where we provide all the training you need to succeed and to learn the skills that could build a life-long career, our mill is the place to be!
Tolko is currently sourcing an Engineering Coop Student at our Athabasca OSB division, located in Slave Lake. This state-of-the-art facility has the longest continuous press In North America, giving us the ability to produce a diverse range of innovative forest products for customers around the world.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Pursuing post-secondary education in applied science, engineering, or wood science field
- 3rd year student will be given priority
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license (no restrictions) before January start date
- You find hard work satisfying and safety non-negotiable.
- You are a great communicator that can work independently while still contributing to the overall performance of the team.
- Bonus points are awarded for previous experience in a forest products environment.
We value diversity at Tolko and know that experience and knowledge comes in many forms. Even if you don’t have all the qualifications above, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.
Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You will work independently as part of a high-performance team dedicated to safely and efficiently producing OSB.
- You will perform a variety of labour duties to increase productivity and reduce safety risks.
- You will utilize your strong problem-solving skills to analyze and trouble shoot in your area, and communicate with your team lead to get things back on track.
- You will work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends, giving you the opportunity to see all sides of the business.
So, what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You’ll earn a competitive wage.
- You’ll be supported in continued development through on-the-job training.
- You’ll be part of a positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
About Slave Lake
Our Athabasca Division is located two and a half hours northwest of Edmonton, Alberta close to the town of Slave Lake. Slave Lake is home to over 6,000 people. It’s an active community boasting two ball facilities, a multi-recreation centre, aquatic centre, and over 40 acres of parks and open space to explore. We honor that the town is situated on the traditional lands of Sawridge First Nation within Treaty 8 territory. Watch this video to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.