Indigenous Youth Works Development Program
High Prairie, Alberta
Tolko’s Indigenous Youth Works Development Program will provide indigenous youth with the opportunity to gain skills, work experience, labour market attachment and address barriers to employment. The program will include mentorship from Tolko employees to support them in their employment with Tolko. Through the program, the students will build a connection between the school, the community, and the industry.
Individuals in the Indigenous Youth Works Development Program will have the opportunity to explore areas of our industry such as Production, Maintenance, Environmental, Technical, and Woodlands.
What We’re Looking For:
- Indigenous youth ages 16-24
- Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills
- People with the attitude for continuous growth and improvement
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and drive
- Individuals wanting to learn more about the forest industry
- Previous experience in a forest products environment considered an asset.
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive compensation
- Mentorship from Tolko employees
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until a suitable pool of candidates is established.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.