You are an analytical problem solver who has excellent interpersonal skills. A natural selfstarter, you work well independently and require minimal supervision. You are self-motivated to
achieve optimal results no matter the task and have a keen ability to identify opportunities and
solve problems. You interact well with peers and supervisors and have excellent written
communication-why “wood’nt” we want you?!
This is an exceptional entry point for a “budding” career in Forestry. You will gain experience in
all functional forestry areas, such as (but not limited to) planning, silviculture, and operations.
This Monday-Friday position, with a 60/40 field-work/office split, is an incredible opportunity to
work full-time with some of the best in the biz and the Canfor Woodlands team in Whitecourt!
The life of the Assistant Forester includes:
• Assisting and coordinating tree planting, site preparation, regeneration survey, stand
tending, pre-commercial and commercial thinning programs.
• Assisting with harvesting, log loading, and log haul programs.
• Assisting with road reclamation activities.
• Collaborating with team members to ensure operations are carried out in an
environmentally sensitive manner and in accordance with sustainable forest
For this role, come equipped with:
• A diploma in Forestry, Environmental, or a related field
• Excellent communication
• The ability to use your time and resources efficiently and effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills
Ideally, you are eligible for registration with the Association of Alberta Forest Management
Professionals (AAFMP). For bonus points, you have experience working with contractors and
stakeholders and are comfortable working independently in a field environment.