DATE: March 30, 2023
JOB NUMBER: 2023-27
HYBRID WORK: Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Long-term, Non-permanent
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Indigenous Relations Coordinator for the Indigenous Relations Business Unit at our mill site location. The successful candidate will support the Indigenous Relations and Forest Resources Teams to meet business goals related to consultation and harvest planning.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
- Consultation Administration – Managing Provincial Government First Nations and Metis consultation processes as it relates to Al-Pac’s Annual Operating Plan, Forest Management Plan, and Public Lands Act Dispositions.
- Stakeholder Relations & Community Engagement – Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, actively seeking out innovative solutions to challenges. Providing administrative support to multi-sector/stakeholder initiatives. Attending community meetings and liaising with Government personnel regarding indigenous community concerns.
- Sc. in Forestry, Environmental Sciences or Indigenous Studies, or diploma from a recognized technical school is considered an asset.
- Related work experience in northern communities.
- Knowledge of Indigenous Relations.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Considered an asset:
- Eligibility to register for a professional forestry designation in Alberta.
- Experience with government Indigenous consultation in Alberta.
- Experience with forest harvest planning in Alberta.
- Comfortable with frequent travel and flexibility to work outside of regular working hours.
What We Offer
- A compressed work week (Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- Hybrid work arrangement.
- A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program.
- Four week’s annual vacation (increasing with service).
- Company paid dental and extended health benefits from day 1.
- A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
- Relocation assistance is available.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.