DATE: March 16, 2023
JOB NUMBER: 2023-23
POSITION TYPE: Non-Permanent (9 months)
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Facilities Coordinator to work out of our mill site in Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Al-Pac owned facilities including the mill site, St. Albert office, apartment building and Cornwall house.
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
- General Administration – Carry out basic office administration duties as required, including coding invoices and providing input for budget development and forecasts related to facilities.
- Document Preparation – Prepare basic documents using a variety of computer applications, such as Microsoft 365.
- Compliance – Develop knowledge and understanding of the organization’s policies, procedures and codes of conduct to ensure work adheres to those standards.
- Handling Inquiries & Correspondence – Respond to internal and external inquiries by phone, email, mail or other means with requests for information or other requests. Initiate contact internally and externally to convey requests, provide instructions or obtain information as required.
- Procurement – Coordinate the purchase of services and goods required for the facilities by carrying out procurement activities in accordance with established policies, procedures and Al-Pac’s Approval Authorities Matrix. Liaise with vendors in accordance with policies and procedures as required.
- Records Management – Ensure documents and information is tracked and stored in a manner that is accessible and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Team Member Rental/Housing Coordination – Conduct regular inspections to identify general corrective maintenance necessary for proper maintenance and operation of building systems and environment. Manage and oversee lease agreements.
- Post-Secondary administrative diploma is considered an asset.
- 3- 5 + years progressively related experience.
- Experience in Office Management or Facilities Management is considered an asset.
- Advanced computer applications skills (Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient experience in minute-taking.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
What we offer:
- A compressed work week (Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- A competitive annual salary.
- A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.