Are you passionate about environmental education? Do you love the idea of shaping young minds or helping people find the green job of their dreams? Are you looking for a flexible and dynamic work environment? This is the job for you!
Work Wild, a program within the Alberta Forest Products Association, reaches out to people who are making one of the most important choices in their lives — finding a career they love! Learn more about the program at workwild.ca. We are looking for an enthusiastic people-person to fill our Forestry Educator position.
Job Title: Forestry Educator
Location: We’re looking for a candidate who is located in northern Alberta. Strong preference for candidates who are located at least 1 hour north of Edmonton.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Forestry Educator implements Work Wild program objectives, which include educating Albertans on forest sector practices as well as career opportunities in Alberta’s Forest industry. The Forestry Educator will spend much of their time travelling to communities throughout northern Alberta and talking to students and jobseekers about the variety of rewarding opportunities in this sustainable industry.
- Travel, both in-person and virtually, to Alberta communities to
- educate students and jobseekers about careers and practices in
- Alberta’s forest sector by:
– exhibiting at career fairs
– delivering presentations
- Engage an online audience by creating, updating, and editing web and social media content, including:
– blog posts
– job postings
- Degree or diploma in Education, Forestry, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Sciences, Indigenous Relations, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Experience with youth and public speaking
- Experience working with Indigenous communities is an asset
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Prezi
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in written communications
- Highly organized; able to juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently, often in remote areas
- Valid class 5 Driver’s License
If you are interested, please submit your résumé to:
Director of Communications