Weyerhaeuser Company is seeking a casual Sparkwatch team member at our Drayton Valley, AB Sawmill. We are seeking an individual who is committed to safety & has a desire to work in a manufacturing facility while maintaining a positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Total commitment to working safely, following all safety rules and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for observing hot work in progress; cutting, welding, grinding and soldering to ensure there are no fires.
- Safely perform clean-up around the hot work area, adhering to our high standards.
- Work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Involved in ongoing process improvement in the work area.
- Safely perform quality checks and ensures production of a quality product.
- Complete shift paperwork and recordkeeping.
- Attend team meetings and regular training sessions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Willingness to wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work a rotating shift, including nights and weekends on an on-call basis.
- Ability to perform essential job functions of the position, which may include- climbing stairs, navigating catwalks, lifting 50lbs, bending and performing repetitive movement tasks.
- Good communication skills.
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing process.
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Able to perform basic math and use computers .
- Industrial or Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Experience in self-directed team environment is a plus.
- Resume detailing education and work history required for consideration.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.