DATE: January 16, 2023
JOB NUMBER: 2023-07
HYBRID WORK: Non-Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Contract (Summer)
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Water & Effluent CO-OP Student to work out of our mill site in Athabasca and the contract will begin in May until August, 2023. The CO-OP program is designed to develop the next generation of team members, while rewarding students with meaningful work, competitive pay and the opportunity to learn from industry professionals through hands-on experience.
Hours of work will be Monday-Thursday working ten hours per day.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
Perform required environmental compliance
- Assist in completion of monthly W&E
- Understanding of operating and regulatory requirements for W&E.
- Provide daily operational
- Monitor process conditions to minimize environmental
- Assist in maintenance of the ISO 17025 Lab
- Assist in the development of
- Assist the Business Unit with implementing performance improvement
- Extensive team interaction and works closely with other team members with all issues that involve safety, environment, production, quality, and costs.
- Will be an active member of the CRU
- Must be enrolled in the NAIT Water and Wastewater Technician
- Must have or currently be working towards Level 1 Water & Wastewater
- Eligible candidates must be returning to a recognized post-secondary program after summer of employment.
- Hold a valid Driver’s License (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Required Application Documentation
- Completed Application
- Click here to access the form: 2023 Summer Student Application Form
- Letter of acceptance or confirmation of enrollment from a post-secondary
- Resume in Microsoft Word or PDF
Please note this current opportunity is open until February 26, 2023, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.