DATE: January 16, 2023
JOB NUMBER: 2023-05
HYBRID WORK: Non-Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Contract (Summer)
LOCATION: St. Albert, Alberta
Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking 2023 Summer Students to work out of our office in St. Albert and the contract will begin in May until August, 2023. Our Summer Student Program is designed to develop the next generation of team members, while rewarding students with meaningful work, competitive pay and the opportunity to learn from industry professionals through hands-on experience.
Hours of work will be determined based on the area of assignment. Typically, Administration roles operate Monday-Thursday working ten hours per day, or Monday- Friday eight hours per day.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
St. Albert Office Opportunities:
- Financial Reporting
- Risk Assurance & Advisory Services
- Sales & Logistics
- Eligible candidates must be returning to a recognized post-secondary program after summer of employment, or recently graduated from a post-secondary program within the same year of summer employment (Returning Al-Pac students only).
- Hold a valid Driver’s License (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history.
- Detail oriented with great communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and committed to self-development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team oriented.
Required Application Documentation
- Completed Application Form
- Click here to access the form: 2023 Summer Student Application Form
- Letter of acceptance, confirmation of enrollment, or graduation certificate from a post-secondary institution.
- Resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Please note this current opportunity is open until February 26, 2023, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.