Relocation support provided.
Are you motivated by hard work, have a positive attitude and a strong focus on safety? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all operations and activities related to the shipping process and will support the operation’s business and ensure compliance with all aspects of Shipping Department including safety, environmental, human resources and quality standards, policies and regulations. The Shipping Team Leader will work closely with the Transportation and Sales Department in VO to ensure customer orders are fulfilled.
In addition to the supervision of the Shipping Department, this role is also responsible for the supervision of the Area Leads in the Finishing End and the Ripline.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong commitment towards a safe work environment;
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Post-secondary education in wood products manufacturing or related field is desirable;
- Familiarity with forest products manufacturing equipment;
- Knowledge of lumber production is preferred.
- Strong labour relations and people skills;
- The applicant must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work in both a team and a self-directed environment.
- Enjoys being creative and innovative, with the drive to improve efficiencies through process improvements
- Experience in hiring and developing diverse teams
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
About High Level
Located in the beautiful northwestern region of Alberta, High Level is home to over 4,000 people. Surrounded by unspoiled nature, the town has endless outdoor activities to explore, along with an in-town swimming pool, hockey arena, yoga studio, golf course and many more amenities. We honour that the Town of High Level is Treaty 8 territory, traditional territory of the Beaver, Dene Tha’, Little Red River Cree, Tallcree, and a traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous Peoples, including the Paddle Prairie Métis Peoples. Watch this video to learn about the community and find out why life is better here.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.