Production technicians are the backbone of our Oriented Strand Board (OSB) mills. You make sure we produce OSB safely and efficiently, creating the materials that build homes and dreams. You get to start in an entry level role where we provide all the training you need to succeed. With our unique Pay for Skills program, the more you learn, the more you earn.
Tolko is currently sourcing Production Technicians at our Athabasca OSB Division, located in Slave Lake. This state-of-the-art facility has the longest continuous press in North America, giving us the ability to produce a diverse range of innovative forest products for customers around the world.
If you find hard work satisfying and safety non-negotiable, then the sky really is the limit. Bonus points are awarded for previous experience in OSB manufacturing or operating mobile equipment. Join Tolko and launch your career now!
Your ideal workday will look something like this:
- You will work independently as part of a high-performance team dedicated to safety and efficiently producing OSB.
- You will perform a variety of labour duties to increase productivity and reduce safety risks.
- When things go wrong, you will analyze and trouble shoot in your area, and communicate with your team lead and maintenance to get things back on track.
- You will work a rotating 12-hour shift schedule, which gives you flexibility to spend extra time with your family on days off
We value diversity at Tolko and respect that experience and knowledge come in many forms. Even if you don’t think you check every box, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.
So, what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You will earn a competitive wage at $34.00 per hour to start.
- You’ll receive an additional prairie location payment on top of your base pay.
- You will be eligible to participate in our unique pay for skills
- You will be eligible to participate in Tolko’s bonus program.
- Competitive benefits and retirement plans come standard, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- Continued development through on the job and classroom training.
- A positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
If you want to work in a sustainable, future focused industry, there is no better place than Tolko. Our family has been producing innovative forest products for over 65 years. Our focus remains on sustainably managing our forests and our business for upcoming generations.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at www.tolko.com/careers.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Hear what our employees have to say!
About Slave Lake
Our Athabasca Division is located two and a half hours northwest of Edmonton, Alberta close to the town of Slave Lake. Slave Lake is home to over 6,000 people. It’s an active community boasting two ball facilities, a multi-recreation centre, aquatic centre, and over 40 acres of parks and open space to explore. We honor that the town is situated on the traditional lands of Sawridge First Nation within Treaty 8 territory. Watch this video to learn more about the community and find out why life is better here.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.