Incremental Forest Technologies (Iftech) is looking for a Forestry Supervisor to manage research site measurements in west central Alberta.
Incremental Forest Technologies Ltd. is an Alberta forestry contractor specializing in the design, planning, and implementation of forestry programs. We provide all aspects of silviculture including conifer and deciduous tree improvement and tree seed orchard management, operational planning as well as harvest and haul supervision.
Reporting to one of the experienced foresters, the Forestry Supervisor will be immersed in a dynamic role of deciduous and conifer tree improvement with their team focusing on safety, excellence, and inclusivity.
- Leading and organizing a three-person crew (self included) through a summer of progeny site measurements and maintenance.
- Completing total site measurements and quality control on site measurements.
- Writing final reports for submission to the government and FRIAA based on the summer’s
- Assisting with seed orchard work where required.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment with people of different backgrounds.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- High energy and commitment level.
- A current Class 5 driver’s license.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- A background in forestry or other natural resource education.
Our Compensation Package:
- Competitive base wage.
- Home location anywhere in the vicinity of Whitecourt, Edson, or Grande Prairie (west central Alberta) is suitable
More about the Forestry Supervisor Job:
- Training will commence with the start of the job and continue until the Forestry Supervisor has reached a level of confidence and competency.
- Field work will begin once the snow has disappeared in mid-April and continue until snow flies in early November.
- Sites to visit throughout the summer are located from Manning to Peace River, Grande Prairie, Drayton Valley and Edson, AB. All lodging costs are covered.
- There is an opportunity to work through the winter on Caribou Restoration Projects in a camp setting if the candidate is interested.
- This particular work is estimated to last about four years with additional opportunities emerging annually to extend this opportunity to full-time permanent.
More about Iftech:
IFT has been involved in all aspects of setting up tree improvement programs including developing a parent selection plan, implementing selections, seed extraction, scion collection, grafting, design and development of seed orchards along with long-term management of orchards, progeny site seedling sowing, lifting and packing as well as progeny site measurements and maintenance. We are proud to be leaders in tree improvement in Alberta and wish to continue to grow our knowledge and experience while working together with industry and government.
Iftech believes inclusive, diverse teams build an exciting workforce, safe workplaces, and a strong company overall. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our current opportunities.
Deadline for applications is February 23, 2023.
Discover more about Iftech by visiting our website Iftech.ca
The quality our forests deserve.