At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We’ve been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World’s most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
Our Grande Praire Lumber Mill has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Team Leader.
The successful individual will be responsible for the safe and efficient coordination/supervision of team members engaged in the maintenance of the mill. This will include supervision and development of team members, by working on the safety and reliability culture through influencing values. The Maintenance Team Leader will also be responsible for continuous improvement of efficiency through improved workflow and by being a liaison between operations and maintenance.
Applicants must have demonstrated:
- Industrial, maintenance experience and/or maintenance related post-secondary education combined.
- Ability to lead safety through personal commitment, values and Weyerhaeuser procedures.
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
- Ability to generate commitment and motivate team members toward a common goal.
- Strong communication skills: written, oral and listening.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player by being open to other ideas, valuing the strengths of others, remaining flexible, showing compassion, and is a positive advocate of others.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Demonstrated effective facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to track/measure performance utilizing standard methods/tools.
- Good planning and organizing ability.
- Ability to problem-solve and engage team members in a team environment.
- Basic understanding of business and financial concepts.
- MS Office, Network Applications, SAP proficiency.
- Exact shift configuration and placement within the Maintenance Leadership team will depend on level of experience and background of the successful candidate. Weekend work required.
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.