Who We Are
Vanderwell is an Alberta, family-owned company operating in northern Alberta for more than 75 years. We have modern sawmill, planer mill, and pellet mill facilities, which produce dimensional lumber, wood pellets, shavings, and chips for wholesale customers.
We’re a major employer in the local region, we have more than 180 employees working throughout the operation — mill production, sales & shipping, woodlands, truck and mobile equipment shops, and administration. Contract and part-time employees are also employed in maintenance, transportation, and seasonal activities.
What We Offer
Vanderwell offers stable, long-term employment which provides our employees with a good standard of living. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits plan, as well as optional RSP plans.
We are currently looking to hire a Health and Safety Coordinator for our manufacturing facilities near Slave Lake, Alberta. Job duties include:
- Provides support, assistance and guidance on all safety related matters
- Develops, improves or upgrades work procedures and controls
- Reviews incident reports, provides feedback and conducts necessary investigations as required (i.e.: takes the lead on more serious incidents)
- Conducts safety and compliance audits or inspections
- Acts as a liaison between government officials (WCB, OH&S, etc) and Vanderwell on safety related issues
- Exposed to noise, dust, falling debris, moving machinery, weather extremes, splinters, slipping and tripping hazards
- Required use of PPE appropriate for the task and working conditions
- 1 – 4 years’ experience in the health & safety field
- A diploma or degree in Occupation Health & Safety
- Working towards certification by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (CRSP or CRST) would be an asset
- Strong communication and team skills, well organize, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong work ethic
- Computer literacy is mandatory
If this position sounds like a fit for you, please apply directly through the Indeed portal.
We thank all candidates for their interest; only candidates selected to advance in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person