DATE: November 8, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-74
HYBRID WORK: Non-eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
REFERRAL: $500 (external hires only)
COMPENSATION: $57,200 – $71,500
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Support Desk Technician for the Sales & Logistics/IT Business Unit to work out of our mill site in Athabasca. The successful candidate is the single point of contact between Al-Pac’s IT end users and the IT organization for IT service issue resolution (including SAP). The Support Desk Technician is the go-to person for Al-Pac’s end users with respect to issues with Al-Pac’s computer systems, hardware, and software. The role is responsible for answering queries (via telephone or email) and addressing system and user issues in a timely and professional manner. The role will appropriately triage queries and channel unresolved issues to other IT team members, as necessary, to ensure accurate and timely resolution of outstanding issues. Tasks include handling incidents and requests, performing initial diagnosis, routing tickets to support teams and providing a reliable and professional interface for Al-Pac’s end users experiencing IT service issues.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle and Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
- Be the first point of contact for Al-Pac IT end users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Remote troubleshooting, as well as walking the customer through the problem-solving process, providing accurate information on IT products or services.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel on the IT team including dispatching the PC Technician if necessary.
Communication and Data Entry:
- Responsible for recording events, incidents and problems into ticket system.
- Follow up with customers to make sure that tickets were satisfactorily resolved.
- Communicate customer feedback to IT team members, including identifying and suggesting possible improvements to procedures and technologies.
- 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated mastery in troubleshooting and help desk support.
- Completion of college diploma or its equivalence in information and communication technologies.
- Working knowledge of Windows 10 /Microsoft 365.
- Detailed knowledge of all components of a PC.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, networks and remote-control tools.
- Good understanding of Al-Pac’s applications and systems, mobile devices and other technology products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Proficiency in English.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer-oriented and demonstrated professionalism.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting end users in both an office and industrial environment.
What We Offer
- A compressed work week (7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Thursday).
- A competitive annual salary, including paid pension and RRSP matching program.
- Four weeks annual vacation.
- Company paid dental and extended health benefits.
- A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
- Relocation assistance is available.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time. Resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.