DATE: October 31, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-71
HYBRID WORK: Non-Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Mill site
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Millwright in Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate will report to the Business Unit Leader, Maintenance and will be responsible for safely performing a wide range of mechanical and maintenance tasks in accordance with mill quality and mechanical standards. They will assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues and concerns to ensure maintenance equipment reliability and make recommendations for improvements to maintenance and production practices.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
• Perform all required maintenance tasks in accordance with mill quality and mechanical standards.
• Complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
• Support and assist all trades and operations team members to ensure maximum equipment availability.
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving maintenance equipment reliability issues or concerns.
• Participate in planning and executing predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
• Recommend improvements to maintenance and production practices.
• Maintain records in relation to maintenance tasks.
• Perform basic housekeeping duties and keep work areas clean.
• Demonstrate commitment to quality maintenance and continuous improvement.
• Develop and maintain technical knowledge.
• Alberta or Interprovincial Millwright Journeyperson Certificate is an asset.
• Welding ticket is an asset.
• Have a level of understanding and experience working with hydraulic systems and components.
• Be a motivated, self-starting team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good problem-solving abilities and basic computer skills.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with a clean driver’s abstract.
• Must be willing to work shift work.
• Must be comfortable working from heights.
What We Offer:
• A compressed work week (Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program.
• Four week’s annual vacation.
• Company paid dental and extended health benefits.
• A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
• Relocation assistance is available.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.