DATE: September 6, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-64
HYBRID WORK: Yes
LOCATION: St. Albert
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. We strive to be leaders in what we do, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members, and work with local communities. We are continuously investigating in new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
We understand work is just one part of your life, and we strive to ensure our team members have a healthy work-life balance. We offer a compressed work week schedule, as well as a generous time-off policy starting with four weeks of vacation allowance.
As the Executive Assistant (EA), you will provide support to the Director of Finance and the Director of Sales, Logistics & IT, including:
• Correspondence – prepare tailored letters, emails and other targeted communications on behalf of the executives. Working with confidential information.
• Administration – produce, update and provide best practice support on complex Microsoft 365 documents, databases and other business systems, using own expertise to help improve work flows and processes.
• Document Preparation – prepare moderately complex documents using a variety of computer applications, such as Microsoft 365, gather and summarize information and data for reports, and develop reports, briefings, agendas, meeting minutes, expense claims, budget updates and summaries, and information packages for approval by the executives.
• Calendar/Schedule Management & Meeting Organization – schedule appointments, manage the executives’ calendars, arrange meetings and conferences, and organize travel plans.
• Handling Inquiries & Correspondence – respond to and assist with a broad range of inquiries by phone, email, mail and other means. Initiate contact internally and externally to convey requests, provide instructions or obtain information on behalf of the executives.
• Procurement – support the executives by carrying out procurement activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Diploma or undergraduate degree, preferably in Office Administration, Business Administration or Business Management.
• 5 – 10 years of progressive experience in administration, including executive support roles.
• Strong computer applications skills (Microsoft 365, including Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Extremely well organized with exceptional planning, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• High degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
What we offer:
• This is a permanent position.
• You will work out of our St. Albert office.
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives.
• A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
• Relocation assistance is available for those who need to move into the local area.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook