DATE: May 10, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-39
LOCATION: St. Albert
HYBRID WORK: Eligible
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. We strive to be leaders in what we do, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members, and work with local communities. We are continuously investigating in new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
We understand work is just one part of your life, and we strive to ensure our team members have a healthy work-life balance. We offer a compressed work week schedule, a hybrid-work arrangement program, as well as a generous time-off policy starting with four weeks of vacation allowance.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Non- SAP Application Team Leader to manage all aspects of Al-Pac’s non-SAP business applications portfolio. The Team Leader will be the single point of contact, as it relates to the deployment, and support for the non-SAP portfolio of business applications, for Al-Pac users, suppliers, and members of Al-Pac’s IT team. This includes monitoring and mitigating risks to service levels by ensuring that Al-Pac’s non-SAP applications are meeting defined and agreed service delivery targets. Serve as the IT non-SAP business applications operational support escalation point for risks, action items, issues, and decisions.
• Management of non-SAP business applications and team – Provide oversight, and day to day management of Al-Pac’s non- SAP business. Serve as the operational support escalation point for risks, action items, issues, and decisions. Plan for application updates, assign tasks to team members, including co-managed service providers.
• Support – Troubleshoot issues as they arise in a manner that is systematic, predictable, and timely. Liaise with other IT team members and suppliers to resolve any raised issues.
• Design – Lead the design of non-SAP business applications / solutions and develop requirements specifications following direction from the Enterprise IT & Data Architect. Ensure the architecture of each specific solution is in line with Al Pac’s enterprise architecture and integration requirements. Provide consistency in solutions by utilizing detailed technology standards, selected product sets and leading design and development practices.
• Evolve business application functionality – Work with Business Process Owners, Super Users, and functional specialists in the business areas (Woodlands, Pulp, Environmental Services, etc.) to plan, design and implement new functionality to support business users and processes.
• Portfolio Cost Management – Review vendor invoices and update financial cost forecasting as needed. Be responsible for commercial issues resolution and support the IT Business Unit Leader in negotiations with the enterprise vendors and partners.
• Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma or its equivalent in information and communication technologies or computing science, supplemented by 7 to 10 years of relevant experience or demonstrated mastery in troubleshooting and managing information and communications technology.
• 3 to 5 + years progressively related work experience.
• Experience working business applications including but not limited to LIMS, LRMS, GEO-Spatial ESRI, web applications, DBA tools
• Certifications in project management, organizational change management and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL 4) are desirable.
• Working knowledge of computer networking, technology infrastructure, and information technology security
• Working knowledge of computing environments, trends, and market players
• Strong computer applications skills (Microsoft 365, including Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Extremely well organized with exceptional planning, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• High degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Project management experience
What we offer:
• This is a Full-time Permanent position
• You will work out of our St. Albert office
• Your working schedule is Monday-Thursday
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives.
• Al-Pac has adopted a hybrid work arrangement program. If eligible, this gives you the flexibility of working from home and from the office.
• Relocation assistance is available for those who need to move into the local area.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.