DATE: September 1, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-61
HYBRID WORK: No
LOCATION: Mill Site (Athabasca)
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. We strive to be leaders in what we do, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members, and work with local communities. We are continuously investigating in new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
We understand work is just one part of your life, and we strive to ensure our team members have a healthy work-life balance. We offer a compressed work week schedule, as well as a generous time-off policy starting with four weeks of vacation allowance.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking an 2nd or 3rd Class Power Engineer Operating Technician in the CRU Unit.
This role will be accountable for the safe and efficient operation of power/utilities and recovery/recaust processes. This position will help to optimize mill production, quality and operating costs. The Power Engineers will ensure all equipment is maintained and operated in a safe and efficient manner and processes are operated in compliance with environmental procedures and regulations.
- Power Engineering: Continuously improve processes and process systems, to deliver the end product
- Improvement/Innovation: Identify improvements in existing processes, systems and procedures, and use established change management programs to address them
- Minimum 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Experience working within a pulp mill and/or an industrial plant will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of federal and provincial environmental regulations considered an asset
- Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with a clean driving record
Skills & Abilities:
- Communicates effectively
- Accountability to meet commitments
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Optimizes work processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments
What we offer:
- This is a permanent position
- You will work out of our Mill Site (Near Athabasca)
- A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended
- health benefits, and many additional employee incentives.
• Relocation assistance is available for those who need to move into the local area.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as
a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon
acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the
government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.