As the Maintenance Planner, you are a role model for our safety standards and effortlessly demonstrate your sound characteristics of integrity, honesty and respect. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you are responsible for planning, developing, managing and providing leadership for the maintenance team through effective and thorough planning and scheduling of maintenance activities and special projects for the site. This position is a full time, salaried position.
- Demonstrate strong performance in safety, attendance, involvement, attitude, productivity and learning/development
- Ensure the safety of all associates and outside vendors by identifying safety issues within the Maintenance department and taking measures to proactively address concerns.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with all departments to translate work requirements into clear and achievable plans.
- Work directly with vendors, contractors, maintenance and purchasing to plan, schedule and prioritize maintenance work.
- Must demonstrate enthusiastic attitude towards leading change and safe implementation of Weyerhaeuser’s Standard Manufacturing Process of Planning and Scheduling.
- Determine and requisition materials needed for work requests.
- Develop the preventative, predictive, and condition-based maintenance monitoring programs for all mill equipment. Utilize the SAP system to effectively manage work to achieve 95% mill utilization in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisors to review and adjust the maintenance program to increase mill utilization and/or decrease costs.
- Works closely with Stores team to ensure that purchasing, planning, and staged materials processes are effectively meeting the needs of maximizing the utilization of maintenance resources.
- Work with maintenance team to ensure proper needs are being met to maintain the machinery and the asset.
- Work effectively in a small group to set mid and long-term goals and measure progress.
- Plan for major mill maintenance and project work.
- Prepare job plans for maintenance work in the mill, with safety instructions and special precautions as part of those plans, in standardized business format.
- Act as the liaison between operations and maintenance organizations for machine time and personnel resources.
- Maintain maintenance and equipment records and generate reports such as open work orders, past due work orders, completed work orders, labor utilization by work order type, equipment historical cost analysis, etc.
- Help to identify critical spare parts outages.
- Support Maintenance Supervisors in the development of daily, weekly, and long-term maintenance schedules.
- Track availability of crew resources.
- Provide job estimates as required.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in an industrial environment
- Mill maintenance related trade would be an asset
- A passion for safety and exceptional leadership capability in improving safety performance
- Has utilized a computer maintenance management system consisting of work orders, preventative maintenance, equipment records, purchasing, parts and materials specification, and spares.
- Working knowledge of SAP or another computerized maintenance management system
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, layouts and technical manuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills necessary to streamline large volume of information and computer data while preserving relevant historical information.
- Has prior experience in maintenance planning.
- Has a solid understanding of mechanical, electrical, and welding trades.
- Can coordinate and prioritize purchasing, planning, and maintenance work with production requirements.
- Deploys best practices, replicates processes, and continuous improvement as part of work ethic.
- Will accept assignments and can work several assignments simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a routine basis
- Ability to work flexible hours to support maintenance overtime, weekends and holidays should operating conditions require
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.