West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Slave Lake Pulp (SLP) division in Slave Lake, Alberta, has an immediate opening for a:
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the preferred candidate is an Industrial Electrician with a good understanding of process systems, PLC Controls, HMI Programming, and motor control systems. Attention to safety and efficiency is a must. Good interpersonal and communication skills are also required to work in our team environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Ensure the operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting problems on all manufacturing equipment, programmable controllers, transformers, and machinery wiring; following electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other standards.
- Repair and replace as necessary, electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring, inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery.
- Prepare electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends, and making recommendations as necessary for improvements.
- Optimization of PLC and DCS performance.
- Involvement in shutdown planning and projects.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with health and safety practices, supporting company polices and adhering to electrical best practices.
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial journeyperson electrical trade certificate, with preferably 5-8 years relevant industrial work experience
- Electrical aptitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding team player and team building skills
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for people who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser puts an emphasis on diversity and inclusion and aims to be regarded as an employer of choice in Canada.
Slave Lake Pulp is a 290,000 tpy BCTMP mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to a collaborative team culture. Slave Lake boasts the second largest lake in Alberta and offers great outdoor recreational activities in the winter and summer. The town of approximately 7,000 residents has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the outdoor lifestyle of a small community. For more on Slave Lake, please visit: www.slavelake.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/careers – click “apply now” in the job details.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.