Casual Kiln Operator–01018238
There is an immediate opening for a casual operating technician in GP Lumber for the Kilns Team.
Grande Prairie lumber manufacturing facility is looking for skilled Casual Kiln Operator/Forklift Operator with a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of large forklift operation and the ability to ensure quality lumber drying. We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, motivated to work, and works as a team member.
The expectations of this role include:
- Clean up duties.
- Machine center preventative maintenance.
- Lockouts as required.
- Work schedule consisting of a 12-hour CWW shift.
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs within the business.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience operating a large forklift.
- Able to work safely and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and team skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good computer skills. (Excel skills)
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Able to conduct visual equipment inspections, perform basic preventive maintenance and assist maintenance in troubleshooting/improving equipment.
- Must be able to do basic math, read dials, and insert data into spreadsheet.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Must be willing to work a 12-hour, rotating shift.
- Must be able and willing to work with little or no notice on any shift, including weekends, overtime, and holidays.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety equipment.
- Must be able to meet the essential job function of this position, including but not limited to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, work from height, and work in tight spaces.
- Resume detailing your education and work history required.
- Ability to meet all Team Norms and Standards with a clear focus on active participation in the Safety Program.
- Behavior consistent with the Safety Vision and Policy and the Site Principles.
- Physically able to perform the role.
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Aptitude for and experience in equipment operations.
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly.
This position is casual only with no guaranteed hours weekly.
About Wood Products
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.