DATE: July 11th, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-22
HYBRID WORK: Not eligible
LOCATION: Mill Site (Athabasca)
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. We strive to be leaders in what we do, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members, and work with local communities. We are continuously investigating in new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
We understand work is just one part of your life, and we strive to ensure our team members have a healthy work-life balance. We offer a compressed work week schedule, as well as a generous time-off policy starting with four weeks of vacation allowance.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Process Engineer Team Lead.
- Mentorship/Leadership: provide technical guidance to the team
- Process Design Engineering: Design and continuously improve processes and process systems, to deliver the end product within specified cost, environment and quality parameters. Perform prefeasibility studies on new technology and process changes
- Engineering Solutions Design: Design engineering solutions that conform to organizational and/or regulatory standards
- Project Management: Deliver small-scale or medium-scale projects
- Improvement/Innovation: Identify improvements in existing processes, systems and procedures, and use change management programs to address them. Interface with research and educational institutes to leverage and implement technology developments
- Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent
- Registered with APEGA or eligible for registration as a P. Eng
- Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history
- 10+ years’ experience as an Engineer
- Experience with technical drawings and schematics
- Experience working within a Pulp Mill and/or Industrial plant is an asset
- Experience with HAZOP/What-If Analysis and other process safety management practices is an asset
- Mentorship and leadership abilities
- Accountability to meet commitments
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity information to effectively solve problems
- Optimizes work processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Communicates effectively
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments
What we offer:
- This is a permanent position
- You will work out of our Mill Site (Near Athabasca)
- A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives
- Relocation assistance is available for those who need to move into the local area
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as
a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon
acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the
government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook