Who We Are
Vanderwell is an Alberta, family-owned company operating in northern Alberta for more than 75 years. We have modern sawmill, planer mill, and pellet mill facilities, which produce dimensional lumber, wood pellets, shavings, and chips for wholesale customers.
We’re a major employer in the local region, we have more than 150 employees working throughout the operation — mill production, sales & shipping, woodlands, truck and mobile equipment shops, and administration. Contract and part-time employees are also employed in maintenance, transportation, and seasonal activities
What We Offer
Vanderwell offers stable, long-term employment which provides our employees with a good standard of living. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits plan, as well as optional RSP plans.
We are currently looking to hire a Journeyperson Millwright for our manufacturing facilities in Mitsue Industrial Park. Job duties include:
- Changing saws and knives, lubricating mill floor equipment, and replacing tool tips on de-barkers
- Calibrating trim saws and checking for lugs out of line, cracked saws, warped or broken belts
- Receiving equipment status reports from operators, identifying any problems and repairs as required to operate
- Exposed to noise, dust, falling debris, moving machinery, weather extremes, splinters, slipping and tripping hazards
- Lifting heavy, awkward objects and climbing on equipment is frequently required
- Required use of PPE appropriate for the task and working conditions
- A solid work ethic, be eager to learn, and be a team player
- Journeyperson Industrial Mechanic certification
- A minimum of 3-5 years of industrial experience, preferably working in a sawmill
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work at different heights
- The desire to work rotating shifts
If this position sounds like a fit for you, please apply directly through the Indeed portal.
We thank all candidates for their interest; only candidates selected to advance in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 hour shift