|Leadership & Management
- Champions the Drax Safety Program; provides leadership towards maintaining safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Lead, supervise; coach, give feedback, build relationships, troubleshoot, evaluate performance, course correct and discipline if required.
- Execute maintenance planning for both short term and long range planning.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Communicate Job Expectations and provide training where required.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Provides orientation and training to new hires; new and young worker orientation program, DATS mandatory modules, technical training and cultural onboarding.
- Organizes work schedules and assigns work activity to maintenance team members.
- Works with Plant Manager and HR to maintaining HR records and documentation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Maintenance & Operations
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and service standards, drives accountabilities and resolves problems.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of plant systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements for solutions.
- Maintains function and reliability of Plant systems and associated equipment by implementing and proactively managing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Improves function and reliability of Plant systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying, recommending, and implementing changes, expansions, and additions.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Is familiar with utilizing a CMMS program and utilize the current company maintenance system in purchasing, planning and scheduling work.
- Maintains proper inventory levels of critical spares and basic sundry supplies.
- All other duties and responsibilities as required.
Minimum Requirements (Skills, Experience, Education)
- Holds a Journeyman trade ticket in Millwright, Electrical or other related area or is an Engineer or a CET in Mechanical, Electrical or other related area.
- 3-5 years of progressive Maintenance experience, preferably in Wood Products Manufacturing.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with supervising a Maintenance Team.
- Proven commitment to Owning Safety, both personally and through positive influence on all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time and on budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with computers, utilizing a MMS System, personal computers and other business applications.
What’s it like to work at Drax?
If you like a fast-paced, changing environment, come be part of a great team!
At Drax, we’re at our best when we help each other achieve the things that are important to each of us.
We’re passionate about our role in providing a supply of stable, renewable energy and if you want to play your part, then why not apply today?
Curious to learn more about us? We recommend you connect with us on LinkedIn for more insights.