Who We Are
Vanderwell Contractors (1971) Ltd. is an Alberta family-owned company that has been in the Alberta Forest Industry for over 75 years. Vanderwell operates a modern sawmill, planermill and pelletmill operation. The manufacturing facilities produce dimensional lumber, wood pellets, shavings & chips for their wholesale customers.
The company has continuously operated our manufacturing facilities in the Mitsue Industrial Park, east of the town of Slave Lake, AB. We are a major employer in the local region and in the provincial economy. The company directly employs 150+ people at the mills and throughout the complex which incorporates sales & shipping, woodlands, truck & mobile equipment shops, and administration. In addition, the company employs contract and part-time employees in maintenance, transportation and seasonal activities.
What We Offer
Vanderwell offers stable, long-term employment which provides our employees with a good standard of living. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits plan, as well as optional RSP plans.
We are currently looking to hire an Information Technology Specialist for our manufacturing facilities in Mitsue Industrial Park. Job duties include:
- Troubleshoot and correct hardware (includes copiers & faxes), software, and connectivity problems, including user access, component configuration and other operational difficulties
- Plan, test, recommend, and implement network, file servers, and workstation hardware and software
- Plan and implement network security, including firewalls, cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, file backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding / deleting users
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, workstations, file servers, Ethernet/wireless networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures equipment, printers, and related equipment
- Responsibilities may require evening or weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported
- Job duties involve long periods of sitting and working on a computer in an office setting
- Occasional visits to the mills is required – exposed to noise, dust, falling debris, moving machinery, weather extremes, splinters, slipping and tripping hazards
- Lifting heavy, awkward objects and climbing internet tower/ antennae may be required
- Required use of PPE appropriate for the task and working conditions
- A degree or diploma in computer science, information systems or a related field
- Experience in networking in a business computer support environment
- Experience with Windows operating systems and domains, various databases and scripting, IP routing, network protocols, network security and management, and network and computer architecture (design, planning & implementing)
- Extensive application support experience with Office365
- Computer programming language and troubleshooting experience is an asset
- Training and experience working with SharePoint and Azure is an asset
- Strong communication skills to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to provide technical training to end user
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
If this position sounds like a fit for you, please apply directly through the Indeed portal.
We thank all candidates for their interest; only candidates selected to advance in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift