IT Operations Senior Analyst – Infrastructure (IT System Administrator)
At Drax we are working towards a zero-carbon, sustainable future and you can help make this future a reality.
If you are a strategic and technical IT leader, the IT System Administrator position maybe your next best move.
So, what will you be doing?
In this role, you will support, plan and provide technical leadership for all operational and project activities. You will act as the Subject Matter Expert and work with Group IT Architecture and Project Demand for strategic and tactical initiatives.
This position works within the IT Operations team, as part of Group IT, across multiple sites. You will work with all IT teams across Drax, including Solutions Architecture and third parties. You will deliver services that are focused on customer experience and business outcomes.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Senior team leader responsibilities include decision-making, coaching, mentoring, developing the team’s skills and managing conflict. Learning these important team leader skills is an ongoing process that requires regular practice and use. Responsible for filling in for IT Manager during their absence
- Provide technical leadership for the IT environments within the tower
- Responsible for the availability of the infrastructure to agreed service levels utilizing multiple mechanisms, pro-active monitoring, resilient technical design and effective capacity planning to maintain the integrity and resilience
- Recommend and plan mitigation initiatives with regards to technology lifecycles
- Responsible for the definition, documentation and implementation of enhanced processes and administration practices that result in performant, scalable, reliable and secure technologies that meet regulatory requirements; work with the IT compliance team as required
- Identify risks, anticipate issues, create solutions and resolve problems in relation to project or service delivery
- Identification and remediation of vulnerabilities where appropriate in conjunction with Cyber Security team
- Responsible for creating low level technical designs based on a high-level design referencing the architectural governance framework
- Support the management of 3rd party suppliers and contracts therein
- Input into budget forecasting for effective management and upkeep of the environment
- Adherence to and participation in IT Service Management (ITSM) processes including, but not limited to, Change, Incident and Problem Management, specific to the application of ITSM across the Drax Group
- Continually evaluate technology usage to determine if we are using best of class at an appropriate cost; contribute to the business cases for technology investments
- Work with the Architect Team to support the development of the roadmap aligned to company goals, ensuring that these plans are understood and followed by members of the team
- Act as a consultant on IT project making sure that they are delivered in line with strategy
- Management of the IT DR capability for the technology tower, ensuring regular testing and ability to recover from a significant loss of IT services
- Have awareness of current technology trends and vendor roadmaps
- Establish and maintain good relationships with technology partners and 3rd party suppliers
- Input into regular reporting cycles for operational and governance purposes
- Champion a customer centric approach to service delivery
- Other relevant duties as requested
You posses the Following Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Five years of experience administrating IT systems and operational excellence
- In depth knowledge required for software products and services including, but not limited to the following: Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Azure, Active Directory, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, VPN, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint, Data Protection Manager, Virtualization (preferably Hyper V), Terminal Services, Cisco networking (switches, routers and Call Managers) and Checkpoint Firewalls
- Knowledge of and a healthy respect for Change Control
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and support organizations
- Knowledge of industry standards and conventions. Security, Disaster Recovery, etc.
- Good understanding of IT best practices and experience moving the organization towards them
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware and software issues. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Actively participates in all team meetings and discussions whether in person, e-mail or by Video conference
- Proven ability to lead a team when called upon
- Able to present ideas to people of all technical abilities
- Experience documenting procedures, writing instructions and creating learning material
- Self-motivated and directed with a “business first” attitude
- Strong customer service orientation
- A healthy knowledge of the IT industry in general, new trends and technologies that would benefit the business. “Keep your finger on the pulse of the industry”
- Knowledge of Industrial Manufacturing (PLC) networks is a bonus
- Cisco CCNA or higher preferred
Who is Drax?
- Honest: We say what we mean and do what we say, we’re genuine and true to our word
- Energised: We’re passionate about our daily activities and have the drive to turn ideas into action; enthusiastic and passionate attitude towards delivering quality end user systems and services to customers
- Achieving: We’re focused on our goals and determined to succeed. Actively seek new or alternative ways and work hard to deliver innovative solutions to help us do things better for the benefit of our Group
- Together: We work collaboratively with our colleagues, customers and stakeholders with a friendly approach and recognise the value each of us brings to achieving our Group vision
- Professional: Demonstrate a professional working attitude across all business units, using the Drax values of working together and achieving to assist in the furthering of business objectives
- Expert: You will be expected to be perceived as subject matter expert and proactively seek opportunities to develop your knowledge and experience
- Driven: Customer focussed, service driven, proactive and highly motivated to drive the delivery of IT projects
- Diligent: Demonstrating a concern for accuracy and an ability to identify key or underlying patterns that could affect present or future service performance
- Welcome change: Strive to make systems, services and processes more efficient
- Flexible: Ability to work to targets in a flexible manner individually or as part of a team