ANC – Great Company, Great Lifestyle
A partnership between Stern Partners Inc. and West Fraser Mills Ltd., ANC has been in operation since 1989. We maintain our competitive edge by producing a range of lightweight paper grades and by branching out into complementary businesses such as power generation and transloading. At ANC, our goal has always been to empower our people to run our businesses in a way that allows employees and the company to grow, diversify and prosper. A permanent, full-time position exists in our Woodlands Department for a:
FOREST AREA SUPERVISOR
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, this position is focused mainly on the management of harvesting & hauling contractors, and ensuring alignment within our various Woodlands’ objectives, targets and programs.
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Eligibility or current membership with the Alberta Association of Forest Management Professionals.
- Evidence of 2 to 10 years experience in a Woodlands Environment
- Proven ability to adapt and excel with dynamic logistics.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Leadership in health & safety, and environmental stewardship
- Proven interest and aptitude in forestry operations with the ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision in a field environment
The successful candidate will:
- Perform a key role within our team of forestry professionals, providing direction to harvesting, road building, loading and log hauling contractors
- Ensure that the respective work is performed in a safe, productive, cost effective, and quality manner
- Ensure compliance with operating authorities and SFI environmental certification
- Participate in developing and executing operational plans as assigned
- Effectively utilize ArcGIS and Microsoft Office
Located less than a 2 hour drive from Edmonton, Whitecourt is a thriving community of 10,000.
The extensive recreation opportunities, including the Allan & Jean Millar Centre, Rotary Park, and Eastlink Ski & Tube Park, make it a great place to call home.
ANC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and competency, an annual bonus plan and excellent group benefits. Professional development is encouraged and we encourage work life balance including flexible work hours.