Who We Are
Vanderwell is an Alberta, family-owned company operating in northern Alberta for more than 75 years. We have modern sawmill, planer mill, and pellet mill facilities, which produce dimensional lumber, wood pellets, shavings, and chips for wholesale customers.
We’re a major employer in the local region, we have more than 170 employees working throughout the operation — mill production, sales & shipping, woodlands, truck and mobile equipment shops, and administration. Contract and part-time employees are also employed in maintenance, transportation, and seasonal activities.
What We Offer
Vanderwell offers stable, long-term employment which provides our employees with a good standard of living. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits plan, as well as optional RSP plans.
We are currently looking to hire a Chip Truck Driver for our manufacturing facilities in Mitsue Industrial Park. Job duties include:
- Responsible to haul chips on a regular basis to various locations
- Daily pre-trip inspections
- Cleaning units as required
- Adhere to Vanderwell’s written safety, maintenance and inspection programs
- Minor mechanical repairs as required
- Exposed to noise, dust, falling debris, moving machinery, weather extremes, splinters, slipping and tripping hazards
- Lifting heavy, awkward objects and climbing on equipment is frequently required
- Required use of PPE appropriate for the task and working conditions
- A solid work ethic, be eager to learn, and be a team player
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Valid class 1 driver’s license required; Super B experience preferred
- A clean driver’s abstract
If this position sounds like a fit for you, please apply directly through the Indeed portal.
We thank all candidates for their interest; only candidates selected to advance in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift