DATE: May, 25, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-42
HYBRID WORK: No
LOCATION: Mill Site (Athabasca)
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. We strive to be leaders in what we do, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members, and work with local communities. We are continuously investigating in new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
We understand work is just one part of your life, and we strive to ensure our team members have a healthy work-life balance. We offer a compressed work week schedule, as well as a generous time-off policy starting with four weeks of vacation allowance.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Vibration Technician to provide support to the Preventive and Predictive maintenance team and will occasionally work in other areas of the Mill as mill wide priorities dictate.
- Millwide vibration analysis:
o Observe and diagnoses machine component problems and forecast failures
o Recommend and/or assist in troubleshooting to resolve vibration or maintenance concerns
o Provide reports and feedback to Mill Business Unit on equipment condition and assist with failure analysis
- Liaise with Operations team members:
o Provide support for the Maintenance Reliability Specialist.
o Provide assistance to other trades or team members to ensure maximum equipment availability.
• Support the planning and executing of predictive and preventative maintenance programs:
o Maintain maintenance work records; assist to keep work areas clean.
o Make recommendations for improvements to maintenance and production practices
o Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
o Commitment to developing and maintaining technical knowledge.
- Must hold an Alberta or Interprovincial Trades Ticket or Engineering Certificate
- Level 2 Vibration Certification with 3 years of industrial experience working as vibration analyst
- Good computer skills
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with a clean driver abstract
- Willing to work Shift work as/if required
What we offer:
- This is a Permanent position
- You will work out of our Mill Site (Near Athabasca)
- Your working schedule is Monday-Thursday, 7am to 5pm
- A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives
- Relocation assistance is available for those who need to move into the local area
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.