Purchasing Team Leader
High Prairie, AB
The Purchasing Team Leader is responsible for safely and cost effectively ensuring that parts, materials and services are procured as required. The Purchasing Team Leader takes responsibility for the Division’s materials and operating supplies inventory level and accuracy. This includes supplier selection, contract negotiation, sourcing, cost analysis, inventory reduction initiatives and day to day order placement for materials and services.
- Previous purchasing experience in a similar environment required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience using a ERP system (JDE preferred)
- Change management skills, proven negotiator, ability to lead projects, ability to understand the total system flow and resolve issues, effective communication with all levels of the organization
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is an asset
- APICS, SCMP, CSCP, CPIM or equivalent designation is desirable
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 65 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until a suitable candidate has been selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.