High Prairie, AB
Are you excited by change and have a desire to be part of project which will innovate and upgrade a facility? If you have been in a leadership role and are looking for an opportunity to lead we would love to speak with you.
The Project Engineer reporting to the Maintenance Manager will work with the team to manage Capital Projects. This role will manage the planning, execution, monitoring, control and closing of engineering projects to achieve the established results. The Project Engineer plays an important role in the annual capital projects, budgeting and planning process.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the management of major maintenance and engineering projects, leading the project team. This role is a strategic partner in the business who will encourage and recognize the valuable contributions of others, while ensuring all provincial and safety regulations are adhered to. They will also interpret developments through the process and advise on necessary changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experience in project management is required
- High level of analytical ability, able to solve complex problems
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Ability to organize, prioritize, problem solve and adapt to situations as they arise
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment or industrial plant
- Excellent knowledge of computers, MS Office, and other job-related software
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 65 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the suitable candidate has been selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at www.tolko.com/careers.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job posting