West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Recognized for the ninth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward – excellence in people, responsibility in communities in which we live, challenge, and growth.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking an individual with strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
TANK AND PIPING ENGINEER
Reporting to the Chief Inspector, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining an effective piping inspection program, maintaining an effective tank inspection program (includes steel, tile, FRP and concrete tanks), and providing technical support for piping and tank new construction, repairs and alterations.
- Maintain a Piping and Tank inspection schedule
- Develop Piping and Tank inspection plans
- Supervise inspection agency and NDE resources for piping and tank inspections
- Analyze inspection results and enter corrective action (through CMMS or other system)
- Develop repair plans and provide quality control functions for minor tank repairs
- Maintain Tank and Piping equipment files
- Mechanical Engineer with P.Eng. designation, or the ability to get a P.Eng. designation, other disciplines will be considered.
- In-Service Piping Inspection certificate, or ability to get an in-service piping inspection certificate within one year
- 2 years of experience in a pulp mill, or 5 years’ experience in the petrochemical industry
- Experience with API Standards 570, 650, 653 and 620.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Have the desire to learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, innovation, competitiveness, and respect
The Following are Considered Assets:
- CWB Visual Examination Endorsements
- Familiarity with ASME Codes, API Standards and AB-500 documents
- Certification with NDE techniques
- Experience with Caesar or other piping design software that will complete stress analysis
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.