West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX. Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and nominated as one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Ranger Board division near Blue Ridge Alberta has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
Reporting to our Production Superintendent, you will be responsible for supervision and safe operation of 1 of Ranger Board’s 4 Rotating Shifts in Production and Finishing
Specific responsibilities include:
• Providing leadership, direction and supervision to the Production and Finishing operating crews
• Safety management including orientation, training, worker observations, identifying and correcting safety hazards, accident and near miss investigations, emergency protection systems and site audits
• Timecard entry and holiday approval
• Operating cost control
• Capital projects
• Contractor management
• Maintenance down day auditing and supervision
Preferred candidates will have:
• Proven leadership skills and experience
• A 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate
• Industrial experience preferably including manufacturing of MDF.
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
• Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
West Fraser offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive wage, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
The Hamlet of Blue Ridge is a family-friendly community located 20km West of the Town of Mayerthorpe and 20 km East Of the town of Whitecourt in Northwest Alberta. The area offers affordable housing, year-round recreational activities, and outdoor pursuits. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in Blue Ridge and the surrounding areas. See more at whitecourt.ca and mayerthorp.ca
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.