Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Manning Forest Products division in Alberta, has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
Relief 4th Class Power Engineer/Forklift Operator
Your responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- 90% – Operation of a forklift/bobcat/loader
- Will be trained for 4th Class Power Engineering duties to cover as relief Power Engineer
- Assisting the kiln operations when appropriate
As the ideal candidate you have:
- A valid Fourth-Class Power Engineering designation, including firing time
- Work well in a team environment
- A proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- A desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Comfortable operating heavy equipment – Forklift experience an asset
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within. We pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development and future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Manning Forest Products is a sawmill located approximately 280 kilometers north of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The town is situated around the scenic Notikewin River that provides an idyllic backdrop for the tree lined streets, an abundance of flower stands and pedestrian friendly streets. Medical, educational and retail services are provided to the approximate 1400 residents along with a pool, ball diamonds, curling and hockey facilities, golf course and river walking trails. Manning is known as the land of the mighty moose and the area surrounding Manning is a paradise for hunting, fishing, quadding and snowmobiling.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and other career opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs.