West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. We are looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? The Woodland’s Team at our Manning, Alberta division has an opportunity for a:
As the Planning Supervisor you will be primarily responsible for FMA planning activities, land use activities, Environmental Certification as well as a variety of other duties
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of commitments made as part of our Forest Management Plan
- Part of Management Planning Team
- Development of General Development Plan
- Assist in Operational Plan development
- Supervision of contractors
- Communication with Government of Alberta and various stakeholder groups
- Management of third-party Land Use requests
- Management of Division Environmental Certification program
- Management of GIS records and general Divisional data
- Possess a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Professional Technologist (RPFT) designation with the AAFMP, or be eligible for registration
- Strong proficiency with GIS applications
- Strong commitment to safety
- Be a dynamic, career-minded individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with proven organizational skills
Considered an Asset:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
- Previous leadership experience
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
The Town of Manning is family-friendly community located in Northwest Alberta. The area offers year-round recreational activities and outdoor pursuits. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in Manning and the surrounding County of Northern Lights.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
Internal Applicants: Please login to your UKG account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select “My Company” and “View Opportunities” to view the position description and to submit your online application.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.