West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward – excellence in people, responsibility in communities, leadership, profitability, challenge, and growth.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking an individual with strong leadership, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERINTENDENT
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this leadership position provides E&I technical expertise and guidance for all matters. This position requires a high level of technical knowledge and extensive experience in an industrial environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the electrical safety program in compliance with applicable corporate and industry standards.
- Act as the electrical representative for site insurance/utility
- Act as the quality program manager (QMP) for electrical discipline
- Manage Loop, Interlock and Bypass databases
- Manage site wide Power Distribution
- Implement electrical and instrumentation Code of Practice
- Write lockout procedures and switching orders for plant distribution system
- Succession and training development of Staff and Hourly employees
- Develop and maintain department budgets
- Screen and prioritize E&I work orders
- Serve as E&I planning and scheduling team lead
- Develop and communicate electrical and instrumentation lock out requirements
- A certified Electrician or Electrical Engineer certification
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in an Electrical and Instrumentation supervisory position in an industrial environment
- Proven working experience on Electrical systems, PLC, DCS, Delta V and Power Distribution
- Capable of writing lockout procedures and switching orders for plant distribution system
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- A desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser core values of safety, integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, competitiveness, respect and fun
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please