West Fraser is a diversified wood products company with over 60 facilities in Canada, USA, the United Kingdom, and Europe. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Grande Prairie OSB division has an opportunity for a:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, the Certified Journeyman Millwright is a key member of our Maintenance Team – supporting the site with the safe & reliable repair and preventative maintenance of process equipment. The core belief is that safety is paramount above all else and we are truly Stronger Together.
- Ensuring 100% safety commitment towards completing all tasks
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve concerns impacting process equipment
- Actively involved in the predictive and preventative maintenance of all equipment
- Complete safety and mechanical inspections of all equipment
- Must be competent with hoisting, rigging, proper slings & shackles to perform lifts
- Participating in root cause analysis of mechanical failure
- Maintain site standards for PMs and other key maintenance targets
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining clean / organized work areas
- Able to effectively maintain and manage all related tools and supplies
- Responding to changing priorities and operating conditions to meet business needs
- Fully certified Red Seal Journeyman Millwright
- Minimum of five (5) years of millwright experience in an industrial environment; preference given to those with forest product experience
- Ability to carry out light fabrication and welding tasks will be considered an asset
- A relentless commitment to safe work practices
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Effective communication and computer skills are required
- This position will be located at our West Fraser Grande Prairie, Alberta OSB facility
- The Certified Millwright must be capable of working in an OSB manufacturing environment that includes exposure to noise, temperature variances, heights, stairways and grated elevated walkways, confined spaces, odors and the physical ability to travel through our industrial facility and lift / carry reasonable weights.
- Shift schedule will be determined based upon business needs and requires flexibility to work on either a 5×8 or 4×10 hour Day Shift OR 12 hour shifts on our 28 Day Rotating Shift Schedule.
- A reasonable amount of Over Time is expected to respond to immediate business needs and events including annual maintenance outage, capital projects and Team support.
Grande Prairie, Alberta is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities with a population of 70 000. Located less than 5 hours northwest of Edmonton in the “Peace Country Region”; Grande Prairie is the ‘hub’ for northern Alberta & northeastern BC; with infrastructure to support a population base of over 300 000.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.