Millar Western’s Whitecourt Pulp Division is now accepting summer student applications. The summer work term extends from April 25 to August 31, 2022. The following guidelines will be used in selecting successful candidates:
- Individuals must be registered for full-time attendance in a post secondary school for September 2022.
- First consideration will be given to students currently enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies
- Applicants must be available to work until the end of the summer season – August 31st
In addition to the above, candidates will be selected on merit via the following process:
- Telephone/in-person interview
- Reference check from past employers and/or schools
- Reference check from previous Millar Western supervisor, where applicable
All students must have the ability to perform the tasks required, works shifts and perform to company standards for the duration of the work term. Special consideration will be given to individuals who have previously worked for the company, or are dependents of current employees.
Why work for us?
Millar Western is a privately-owned Alberta company active in the forest products business for more than a century. Operating a high-tech pulp mill supplied with sustainably sourced fibre, the company provides stable, full-time employment in lively, friendly, communities offering an excellent quality of life.
- a commitment to the highest safety standards, with a safety program recognized under Partners in Injury Reduction, Work Safe Alberta and the Premier’s Award for Healthy Workplaces
- a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization
This position is located in the town of Whitecourt, a vibrant community 170 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, offering excellent housing, educational and recreation opportunities.