At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We have been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity citizenship and sustainability which has awarded us being named as one of the World’s most Ethical Companies 10 times.
At Weyerhaeuser, we are always looking for people who can innovate, contribute, grow, and create! Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest and premium timber, land, and forest products company in the world.
We have an immediate opening for a Sawmill Outfeed Fork Lift Operator in Grande Prairie Lumber. The successful individual will report to the Kilns Team Leader.
The successful applicant will:
- Supporting Sawmill weekend production hours – currently 12 hour shifts Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (36 hours)
- Operation of the fork truck, loading and unloading chains, loading kiln carts
- Clean up duties
- Machine center PM
- Lockouts as required for this area
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs within the business
Skill Requirements & Qualifications
- Ability to meet all Team Norm and Standards with a clear focus on active participation in the Safety Program
- Behavior consistent with the Safety Vision and Policy and the Site Principles
- Willing and able to perform the role
- Well developed interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Aptitude for and experience in equipment operation
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly
- Fork lift operating skills required
This is an immediate opening to be filled as soon as possible. All applications for the role must be completed online.
About Wood Products
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.