West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Top Employer for recent graduates, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Hinton Woods Products Division has an opportunity for a:
Reporting to the Woodlands Manager AB, the Woodlands Administrator will be engaged in a diverse and dynamic role within the Alberta Woodlands team; focusing on West Fraser’s commitment to safety, health and the environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operation of the Woodlands Log Inventory Management System (LIMS)
- Processing of scale tickets
- Processing log and invoice payments
- Maintaining all payment and weigh scale records
- Administer and ensure proper operation of the weigh scales.
- Log haul administrative duties such as truck registrations and driver orientations
- Reporting log delivery data to the provincial government FOREST system
- Liaison with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry on scaling and weigh scale programs
- Liaison with log yard staff and contract log scaler on scale yard activities
- Manage the scale yard
What you need to be successful in the role:
- 3+ years related administrative experience
- A diploma in office administration would be an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills — the ability to work well with people of different backgrounds and perspectives
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- A high energy and commitment level with a positive outlook
- A self-starter approach — can handle multiple projects with minimal direction
- Familiarity with LIMS is preferred but not required.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Career development
- Health benefits
- And a whole lot more!
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.