West Fraser is a diversified wood products company with over 60 facilities in Canada, USA, the United Kingdom, and Europe. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Grande Prairie OSB division has an opportunity for a:
Certified Electrician – Grande Prairie OSB
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Electrical Team Leader, the Certified Journeyman Electrician performs the necessary predictive and preventative repairs to accomplish our reliability goals and to maintain the mill on a day-to-day basis. This work is performed as part of a greater maintenance Team to install and maintain electrical and electronic systems, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, conveyor systems and production machinery. The core belief is that safety is paramount above all else and we are truly Stronger Together.
- Ensuring 100% safety commitment towards completing all tasks
- Active participation towards providing a safe working environment
- PM’s, emergency work orders, corrective work and shift coverage
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot high voltage equipment and motors up to 4160 volts
- Utilizing various PLC and HMI systems for troubleshooting and programming new logic
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis in the event of an electrical failure
- Install and maintain power supply wiring and conduit for equipment such as conveyor systems, programmable controllers and lighting systems.
- Required to know hoisting and rigging protocols
- Solid knowledge and commitment to Lock Out / Tag Out protocols
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve concerns impacting process equipment
- Actively involved in the predictive and preventative maintenance of all equipment
- Maintain site standards for PMs and other key maintenance targets
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining clean / organized work areas
- Able to effectively maintain and manage all related tools and supplies
- Responding to changing priorities and operating conditions to meet business needs
- Fully certified Red Seal Journeyman Electrician
- Minimum of five (5) years of Electrical experience in an industrial environment; preference given to those with forest product experience
- A relentless commitment to safe work practices
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Effective communication and computer skills are required
- This position will be located at our West Fraser Grande Prairie, Alberta OSB facility
- The Certified Electrician must be capable of working in an OSB manufacturing environment that includes exposure to noise, temperature variances, heights, stairways and grated elevated walkways, confined spaces, odors and the physical ability to travel through our industrial facility and lift / carry reasonable weights.
- Shift schedule will be determined based upon business needs and requires flexibility to work on either a 5×8 or 4×10 hour Day Shift OR 12 hour shifts on our 28 Day Rotating Shift Schedule.
- A reasonable amount of Over Time is expected to respond to immediate business needs and events including annual maintenance outage, capital projects and Team support.
Grande Prairie, Alberta is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities with a population of 70 000. Located less than 5 hours northwest of Edmonton in the “Peace Country Region”; Grande Prairie is the ‘hub’ for northern Alberta & northeastern BC; with infrastructure to support a population base of over 300 000.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.