West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the eight time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Slave Lake Pulp (SLP) division in Slave Lake, Alberta, has an immediate opening for an:
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, this position will support various departments. You have a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing conditions and complete time sensitive tasks. Your day-to-day responsibilities are balanced with backup for other departments as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Administrative support for various departments
- Front desk reception duties and services
- Assistance and backup for other departments as required
- Maintaining and organizing digital and paper files
- Assisting to prepare materials for audits and reports
- Two to four years of administrative experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to changing workloads and tasks
- Customer service focused
- Strong attention to detail with proven accuracy
- A self-starter with the initiative to learn and grow
- Post-secondary education or working towards a diploma would be an asset
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for people who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser puts an emphasis on diversity and inclusion and aims to be regarded as an employer of choice in Canada.
Slave Lake Pulp is a 290,000 tpy BCTMP mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to a collaborative team culture. Slave Lake boasts the second largest lake in Alberta and offers great outdoor recreational activities in the winter and summer. The town of approximately 7,000 residents has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the outdoor lifestyle of a small community. For more on Slave Lake, please visit: www.slavelake.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/careers – click “apply now” in the job details.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.